Smarter Homes, Smarter Savings, Smarter Lifestyles!
At Lifestyle Homes, we don’t just build homes that are energy efficient. We build EnergySmart homes following green building initiatives. Each home can be infused with the latest and the best energy-efficient products possible. We offer the following EnergySmart technologies:
With each home, we offer the nest thermostat. The Nest learns your schedule, programs itself and can be controlled from your phone. Not only that, if you teach Nest well and it can lower your heating and cooling bills up to 20%.
- Studies your schedule and preferences to program itself.
- Learns about you and then activates features to save you energy.
- Activates custom energy-saving features depending on the system you have.
- Helps you track your savings with a custom, monthly energy report.
- Tells you when your filter needs changing, saving 5% more on your heating and cooling bills.
Innovative Structrual Solutions
At Innovative Structural Solutions (
Low HERS Scores
The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. It’s also the nationally recognized system for inspecting and calculating a home’s energy performance.
Here at Lifestyle Homes, we strive for the lowest possible HERS scores with each house we build.
With each home, we offer the WhisperGreen® by Panasonic, a new ENERGY STAR® rated exhaust fan that uses a highly energy-efficient DC motor, allowing it to run extremely quiet. WhisperGreen also uses a motion sensor, adjusting the speed of the fan when you enter or leave the room. Therefore keeping your home fresher and your bills lower.
- Utilize super-energy-efficient DC motors.
- Are an ENERGY STAR® qualified product.
- Have a built-in damper to prevent backdraft.
- Offer superior performance and quiet operation.
- SmartAction® motion sensor increases fan speed when needed.
ZIP System® Sheathing and Tape
ZIP System® sheathing panels are wood structural panels with moisture protective overlays. For roof applications, ZIP System sheathing can be used as a structural roof sheathing and roof underlayment. When used on a wall, ZIP System sheathing can be used as a structural wall sheathing, water-resistant barrier, and air barrier. ZIP System sheathing panels are manufactured in conformance with PS2. Performance Standard for Wood-Based Structural-Use Panels.
It’s a one-of-a-kind structural roof and wall system with a built-in energy-efficient barrier that keeps moisture out and reduces air leakage, while still allowing panels to properly dry. Plus, it installs in two easy steps: 1. Install the panels, 2. Tape the seams. Fewer steps result in 40% faster installation when compared to traditional
Key Features and Components of ZIP System® Sheathing and Tape:
High qualitystructural sheathing panel made of engineered wood delivers strength and durability.
- Built-in vapor permeable water-resistive barrier eliminates the hassles of house wrap and felt. Engineered for enhanced drainage of bulk water and optimal permeability. As a result, this allows water vapor to pass through and promote drying.
- A continuous, rigid air barrier decreases unwanted air leakage therefore causing greater energy efficiency.
- ZIP System™ tape with a specially engineered,
high performanceacrylic adhesive bonds with ZIP System® panels for a permanent protective seal.
Nearly every household now has “Vampire Energy”. This is the electricity that is sucked away from electrical outlets by empty charging cords and sleeping electrical devices. This wasted energy quickly adds up to hundreds of dollars a year in your electricity bill.
With each home, we offer hybrid outlets that combine traditional outlets with handy USB ports. Bypassing chargers and other devices that are a haven for Vampire Energy, stopping it dead in its tracks.
Most people think going green can be a costly or difficult venture. However, there are many different options available that can help you save both money and effort. Lifestyle Homes builds homes that are energy efficient following green building initiatives. Contact Lifestyle Homes today at (435) 363-0100 about building your next home using these green initiatives!