Smarter Homes, Smarter Savings, Smarter Lifestyles
At Lifestyle Homes, we don’t just build homes that are energy efficient; we build EnergySmart homes. Each home can be infused with the latest and the best energy-efficient products possible. We offer the following EnergySmart technologies:
With each home, we offer the nest thermostat. The nest learns your schedule, programs itself and can be controlled from your phone. Teach nest well and it can lower your heating and cooling bills up to 20%.
- Studies your schedule and preferences to program itself
- Learns about you and then activates features to save you energy
- Activates custom energy-saving features depending on the system you have
- Helps you track your savings with a custom, monthly energy report
- Tells you when your filter needs changing, saving 5% more on your heating and cooling bills
Innovative Structrual Solutions
At Innovative Structural Solutions (INNSTRUCT) we provide a more durable, more environmentally friendly, more cost effective building material, that can be used to improve almost any construction project. Our INNSTRUCT Smart Panels have been engineered with proprietary technology that consists of an insulative EPS (Styrofoam) core set between steel wire welded mesh fabric. Steel truss wires connect to the mesh fabric through the EPS in a pyramidal fashion. Shotcrete is applied over the steel and then finished easily in the appearance of stone, wood, block, brick, drywall, or almost any pattern imaginable. This precise design provides unparalleled strength, insulation, fire resistance, and sound reduction, while not limiting the aesthetic choices available to the builder.
Low HERS Scores
The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. It’s also the nationally recognized system for inspecting and calculating a home’s energy performance.
Here at Lifestyle Homes, we strive for the lowest possible HERS scores with each house we build.
With each home, we offer the WhisperGreen® by Panasonic, a new ENERGY STAR® rated exhaust fan that uses a highly energy-efficient DC motor, allowing it to run extremely quiet. WhisperGreen also uses a motion sensor, adjusting the speed of the fan when you enter or leave the room—keeping your home fresher and your bills lower.
- Utilize super-energy-efficient DC motors
- Are an ENERGY STAR® qualified product
- Have a built-in damper to prevent backdraft
- Offer superior performance and quiet operation
- SmartAction® motion sensor increases fan speed when needed
ZIP System® Sheathing and Tape
ZIP System® sheathing panels are wood structural panels with moisture protective overlays. For roof applications, ZIP System sheathing can be used as a structural roof sheathing and roof underlayment. When used on a wall, ZIP System sheathing can be used as a structural wall sheathing, water-resistant barrier and air barrier. ZIP System sheathing panels are manufactured in conformance with PS2, Performance Standard for Wood-Based Structural-Use Panels.
It’s a one-of-a-kind structural roof and wall system with a built-in energy-efficient barrier that keeps moisture out and reduces air leakage, while still allowing panels to properly dry. Plus, it installs in two easy steps: 1. Install the panels, 2. Tape the seams. Fewer steps result in 40% faster installation when compared to traditional housewrap and felt.
Key Features and Components of ZIP System® Sheathing and Tape:
- High quality structural sheathing panel made of engineered wood delivers strength and durability
- Built-in vapor permeable water-resistive barrier eliminates the hassles of house wrap and felt. Engineered for enhanced drainage of bulk water and optimal permeability to allow water vapor to pass through and promote drying
- A continuous, rigid air barrier decreases unwanted air leakage for greater energy efficiency
- ZIP System™ tape with a specially engineered, high performance acrylic adhesive bonds with ZIP System® panels for a permanent protective seal.
Nearly every household now has “Vampire Energy”, the electricity that is sucked way from electrical outlets by empty charging cords and sleeping electrical devices. This wasted energy quickly adds up to hundreds of dollars a year in your electricity bill.
With each home, we offer hybrid outlets that combine traditional outlets with handy USB ports, bypassing chargers and other devices that are a haven for Vampire Energy, stopping it dead in its tracks.